Slaked Lime Calcium Hydroxide
- A caustic substance is produced by heating limestone.
- It is traditionally called: slaked lime.
- An inorganic compound with the chemical formula Ca(OH)2.
- Calcium hydroxide slaked lime is obtained by quenching quicklime with water.
- Slaked Lime is a practical, fertile lime with a liquid and powder form that can be used for many purposes.
- Limewater is the common name for a saturated solution of calcium hydroxide.
- Hydrated Lime
- Caustic Lime
- Lime for Builders
- Slow Lime
- Pickled Lime
- Calcium hydroxide is used in many applications, including food preparation
- It is included in the components of the mortar and plaster mixture.
- It is used as an alkali in the industry.
- It is used as a raw material for the production of bleaching powder.
- It is used as a corrosive agent.
- It is used as a neutralizing agent for acidic soils.
- It is used in construction, mining, copper, lead, and iron industries.
- It is used in the manufacture of paper, alcohol, and chemicals.
- It is used in the production of calcium hypochlorite by reacting slaked lime with chlorine gas.
- It is used to refine citric acid and produce various chemicals.
- It is used in the production of chromium chemicals as a neutralizer, the production of ethylene and propylene glycol, the concentration of glucose and dextrin, and in various chemical processes as a desiccant and thickener.
- It is used to clean sulfur oxides (SO2, SO3) present in the flue gas.
- It is used in drinking water treatment.
- It is used in sewage treatment.
Gharbala Company Industry has more than 14 main products and dozen of sub-products to cover all the needs of factories based on our industrial raw materials and water treatment and purification projects inside and outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
All materials produced in the Industrial Sifting Company, which are used in water purification, conform to international standards.
ASTM E11 TEST SIEVE & ANSI / AWWA B100/09 Standards